Fraunhofer IKS makes sure your production systems are flexible and dependable.
Industry 4.0 places growing demands on industrial systems. That means they must be flexible and adaptive. In this area, the Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS offers a range of strategies:
- Service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Dynamic adaptation to changing environments
- Safety functions across common DevOps frameworks
- Methods for the fault-tolerant outsourcing of functions to the cloud
- Analyzing the root causes of errors and the corresponding impacts
- Fail-operational approaches for industrial control systems